OSO: An Overview
About The Course
X32 Healthcare’s Online Staffing Optimization (OSO) software measures an emergency department’s operational performance by examining patient volume, it’s common statistical data, and current staff scheduling. OSO will use this information to provide visual insight into patient arrival volume and staff demand by hour and day of the week. Other useful OSO features include patient metric benchmarking, provider productivity summaries, and output that can be easily integrated into your own analysis and presentation.
OSO is designed so you can easily:
- Input physician, APP, nurse, and other staff scheduling
- Input key metrics, productivity values, and patient volume
- Benchmark your key quality patient metrics against published databases with peers from all over the nation
- View weekly patient arrival patterns and acuity segmentations that will support data driven improvements to operational plans and processes
- View your current provider resource demand and alignment to create optimized schedules
Joseph T. Crane, MD, MBA
Dr. Crane is currently the chief clinical officer for emergency medicine for TeamHealth where he supports clinical quality and safety for the company’s emergency medicine service line, performance improvement and innovation initiatives, leadership development programs, performance analytics and workforce development.
He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and medical degree from Medical College of Virginia. He is currently a board-certified practicing emergency physician. Considered one of the leading experts in emergency department operations in the U.S., Dr. Crane has taught and led healthcare and emergency department improvement efforts with hundreds of organizations in a wide variety of settings on six continents.